LED Retrofitting? | retrofit led lights

Ever thought about LED retrofitting your facility or property? Not sure how to proceed? You’re at the right place—a primer on how to update your interior with modern lighting.

What is LED Retrofit?

Facility renovation means adding new things (technology, components, accessories, etc.) that were not previously present in the building or were not part of the original design. The term “retrofit” is synonymous with the term “conversion.” In the case of lighting, most of the retrofits being done today are LED lighting retrofits, led pot lights.

Why Retrofit LED Lighting?

LED lights are replacing traditional lighting technologies in many lighting applications. They are useful for mechanical applications for indoor, outdoor, and compact lighting.

What are the key considerations in LED retrofits?

LEDs work a little differently than most traditional lighting solutions. Things you need to know when retrofitting your installation with LEDs include:

A faucet and a light are two different things. If you want to keep your current lighting, you can slightly reduce the compatible conversion options in incandescent bulbs. You can choose anything on the market if you want to replace the light and the light (housing). led pot lights In either case, most LEDs are designed to be compatible with standard fixtures.

Hardware for dimming LED lights is typically incompatible with traditional lighting solutions. You will need an LED dimmer that matches your new bulb.

What are the benefits of LED mods?

Energy Savings – As mentioned above, the main advantage of LED retrofits is dramatically less energy consumption compared to traditional fluorescent lighting. The result is energy cost savings of up to 80% per year. About 90% of the total life cycle cost (including the initial cost of the building itself) is spent on operating costs, led pot lights most of which are energy costs for lighting. This makes energy-efficient LED retrofits the natural choice for commercial and industrial buildings.

Reduced maintenance costs – Another advantage of LED retrofits is the significant reduction in maintenance costs for LED luminaires. Traditional lights have limited component life and are costly in terms of maintenance person-hours, replacement bulbs, ballasts, etc. led pot lights On the other hand, LED lighting has an exponentially longer service life, requiring far less component replacement and associated lab time. These cost savings associated with LED lighting can be substantial in the long run, making switching to LED lighting a wise decision.

Improving lighting quality – One thing is not often discussed when it comes to retrofitting LEDs—an improvement in the quality of the lighting itself from LED fixtures. The most important measure of light quality is the Color Rendering Index (CRI). The CRI scale ranges from 0 (grayscale) to 100 (natural light). The higher this number, the better the quality of the light. Any light with a CRI of 90 or higher is considered excellent. This is achieved with LED lighting. This improved quality of light improves the aesthetics of commercial and industrial facilities and the overall quality of life for employees, customers, and everyone who uses these facilities.

Did you know that only 10% of a building’s lifetime operating costs go to the actual purchase of equipment? The remaining 90% is made up of miscellaneous operating expenses. Much of this is energy consumption (heating, electricity), and other costs are related to building maintenance. led pot lights Lighting is the biggest part of your electricity bill, and upgrading your facility to LED is one of the smartest and greatest investments you can make.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

four × 3 =

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.